Monday, December 15, 2008

Tempeh Sliders


To be completely honest, we really don't like tempeh except when it's done simply. I have made many a casserole, stew, and one exceptionally non-tasty dish which I will not name to save the creator's face (after all, it may be subjective) incorporating tempeh in chopped form which has just not been good. Tempeh tacos? No thank you. I want to try Vegan Dad's Perfect Tempeh Burger, because it sounds great, and I bet it is. But other than that, I will only make tempeh in one way: marinated, fried, and served on bread or a bun. Tonight, we had tempeh sliders. I got the idea from Vegan Dad's "Vegan Sliders" and used his hamburger bun recipe as well.

The tempeh is made in our traditional style, with a simple marinade of equal parts Tamari and olive oil and three large cloves of garlic, crushed or minced (kudos, Jeffrey, for your simple yet delectable marinade). The tempeh is soaked in the marinade for approximately an hour or two and then fried in a cast iron or non-stick skillet. Load up the bun with Vegenaise, mustard, lettuce, tomato, and red onion, and you have yourself one delicious sandwich.



No comments:

Post a Comment