Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Vegan Nachos

All right, fine. My nachos have real cheese on them. But even if I had chosen not to put cheese on them, they would still be delicious. Jeffrey loved his. It took me almost 24 hours to decide whether or not to post this, because the pictures are so blurry. I got all excited about how nice and colorful the food looked and neglected to rest the camera on the tripod or at least on the counter and instead held it in my apparently shaky hands. But despite the blur, you will see the loveliness that is vegan nachos. Clearly not a difficult recipe, but I will post it all the same just in case you want to try my version.

Ingredients:
Tortilla chips (a lot)
Refried beans
Ground veggie meat (I used Boca Ground)
chopped olives, onions, lettuce, and tomato
Jalapenos (I forgot to chop one, but I would have used it had I remembered)
Vegan cheese (I used Follow Your Heart brand Nacho Cheese for Jeffrey's), grated
Salsa, sour cream, and guacamole

Method:
Pile chips on a plate, then sprinkle cheese on top. Microwave or put in the oven until the cheese melts, or at least is warm (although this cheese is great, it's not an awesome melter). Then plop spoonfuls of refried beans on top, followed by the veggie meat, then with the rest of the toppings in whatever order pleases you. Devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment